Friday, February 20, 2009

A Lack of Understanding

I received some news today that was heartbreaking. A young man, a father of two little girls, and a friend to my family decided last night that life was no longer worth living. I can't seem to wrap my mind around why something like this has to happen. I understand that life can be depressing, but I don't understand why things have to end like this. This man was my uncle's partner as a detective for our sheriff's office; he was also his best friend. My uncle just passed away suddenly five short months ago, leaving behind his wife, his son, and his daughter who was getting married the next weekend. I never understood why he had to leave this world 6 days before he was suppose to walk his daughter down the aisle. Now I don't understand why his best friend made this decision to leave this world after seeing the effect my uncle's death had on his family. Why? Why? Why? I know I will never understand why things happen. I hurt for my aunt who has confided in this man many times over the past 5 months, I hurt for this man's family, I simply just hurt. Will you please pray for everyone involved? It is really hard to see any good in this type of situation. May God use this huge tragedy for his glory....some way, some how.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena