I am officially one year away from being done with graduate school. Most people would be excited to be done; however, I am scared at the thought of this being the end of my "formal" education. I have been thinking about the possibilities of going on to get my PhD or DBA. BUT, word "dissertation" is a VERY scary word for me. I would like to think I could tackle a dissertation, but the thought of me writing a book seems sooooo far out there. I hope I can soon come to peace with the nasty "d" word or I can come to terms with the fact that this might be my last year of school. I am not sure which one will be easier for me to come to terms with. I guess I will wait and see what happens next July. More than that I hope I am happy with the decision I make. I don't want to find myself later in life regretting not continuing with my education. Education is one of the most important things in my life. I have worked so hard to get where I am today and I have faith that is will pay off in the future. I love to learn! Learning is a big part of who I am. I realize that once I am done with my MBA, I will still be learning new things everyday. But, will that be enough? Will I feel complete with just a MBA? What will I do with all the free time that is now occupied with school, studying, and writing papers? I will feel like "myself" without school? These are all questions that I have had for a long time. I had many of the same questions after I received my bachelor's. A huge part of me could not let school go. I chose to get my MBA and I have never regretted it. The road to where I am has not been easy or stress free by any means, BUT it has been very rewarding. I hope by this time next year, I will have a solid decision on what I want to do next. I do not want to have any regrets, in regards to my education, in the future. I have always been told, "There is no better time than the present!" This quote makes me want to get that PhD now! I will have to do a lot of research and soul-searching before I reach any decisions. I which this was an easier decision, but I also realize the older I get, the harder most decisions become!
No comments:
Post a Comment