Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's in a name?

I have had many random thoughts run through my head today. Many of these thoughts I considered blogging about, but I had a hard time getting started on what I wanted to say. So, I changed courses completely. When I opened by blog, I saw my blog title, "Peace, Love, and Happiness." Some might wonder why I would chose these three simple words for my blog title. I started to think about what is in a name, whether is be the name of a place, person, or a blog!? Names can signify many things. My name holds the meaning of "good pasture" or "one from a good land." Its name is Biblical (Joshua 19:12). I hope each of you know what your name means and more importantly, I hope you realize the significance that each of your names hold. Names are important; they help to make each of us unique!

Now, back to the name of my blog. Peace, Love, and Happiness are three words that are commonly seen together. These three words have a lot of meaning to me and that is why I chose them to title my blog. These three words sum up what I strive to achieve everyday. I want peace, love, and happiness in my life. Who doesn't, right? Some days it is easier than others to find peace in the world around me. Other days it's easier to open up and love myself and those in my life the way I should. Some days I struggle with showing my love for others. And sometimes happiness seems to be all around me, but other days I let myself get down about insignificant things of this world. Each day I strive to make these three things a part of my life and a part of who I am...... its not always easy, but when I am able to find peace and love in the world around me, I truly find happiness, too! Peace, Love, and Happiness to all :)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

You wrote... "I pray the start of the school year is also the start of a season of answered prayers for you and Josh!"

I love that! I hadn't thought of it that way. You have blessded me. Thank you! :)

 
Designed by Lena