Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

Happy New Year everyone! I am excited about the start of 2009. The start of a new year always brings renewed hope for me. This is the time of year I set goals myself.....goals that sometimes are kept and other times, well...not so much! A goal that I set for myself a few years ago at this time was to graduate with my masters in July 2009. So far, I am on track to do just that. Last year I made a goal to learn Spanish. If I am being honest, that goal seemed to be more of a dream or thought....I really need to start pursuing it is what I am trying to say. This year I have a goal that I think might be as hard to tackle as the goal of graduating with a masters or learning Spanish or possibly even harder! My goal for this year "seems" simple, yet I am already learning it probably won't be anywhere near easy. My goal for this year is to "let go" of the people in my life who really do nothing but bring me down. I know that might sound a little strange, but I feel that I will find more happiness in doing so. Some of these people I am referring to are family members or even good friends. I don't mean "let go" of them in the sense that I plan on not talking to them anymore or having anything to do with them, but what I do mean is that I am trying to not make them a priority anymore and not let the things they wrongfully say get to me. Yes, I will see, talk to, and hang out with these people on occasion, but I will no longer let their rude, hurtful, and unnecessary comments eat me up anymore. My goal this year is more of a change within myself....the way I view things, the ways I let other peoples' words get to me, the way I get consumed in what others think of me. If I learned anything in 2008, it was that the people who TRULY love and care about me, love me JUST the way I am. And, I can't let people's inaccurate words and judgements get me down anymore. 2008 was a great year for me and I was able to learn a lot about myself as a result of many things that happened last year. Now its time for me to look out for me and let certain people "go." Life is too short to waste my time worrying about other people who bring me down more than they lift me up. I am not trying to sound selfish because I truly am not one of those "all-about-me" people, but sometimes its necessary to look out for yourself and not get so consumed with always trying to look out for other people. Many times last year I found myself caught off guard or dumbfounded by the comments of certain people. I am officially done with know-it-alls. I don't know if all, but I do myself better than anyone else. I am sick of people telling me how it is. So, for 2009, I will cling to those who do me right and let go of those who do me wrong. Life is too short to not be happy. I am officially living my life for me.....not everyone else. And it feels good already :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena